|Mobilities: Rules and Procedures
The Mobility Agreement shall be applied.
The Mobility Plan shall be prepared based on the next year collaboration perspective. Each project director shall roughly estimate its necessary expenditure - as close to reality as possible - namely : the lodging cost, daily allowance - in conformity with the Act No. 518/1995/2005 - and the transport. The destination, the duration and the estimated expenditure shall be transmitted to the Association and included in the Mobility Plan.
The Mobility Plan shall be submitted to the examination of Steering Committee.
An answer shall be provided to the Commission in case of possible observations on its part. Upon written approval by the Commission, the Mobility Plan must be carried out according to the duration explicitly mentioned in the Commission's approval.
The necessary funds to perform the secondements comprised in the mobility plan shall be looking for. Sometimes, the Commission advances some sums but in most cases the participants must defray the necessary costs which shall be reimbursed at the moment of readjustment of funds.
A secondment mobility requires the following steps :
The four documents (Invitation, Staff Assignment, Work Plan si Report on Mobility) shall be transmitted to the Head of Research Unit in both electronic and paper format.
- - An invitation shall be requested from the collaborator expert or Head of Research Unit
- - A Staff Assignment shall be drawn up based on the standard document available on our web site as well as on the detailed instructions concerning the duration. The Staff Assignment must be signed by the Head of Research Unit of MEdC Association at the moment of departure and by the Head of Research Unit of the receiving Association during the mobility period.
- (Note : it is not necessary nor rational to obtain the signature of the Head of Research Unit of the receiving Association before the beginning of the secondment)
- - A Work Plan shall be drawn up for the mobility period.
- - Upon returning, a Mobility Report shall be prepared according to the standard document available on our web site
- - The travel expenses account shall be calculated (in compliance with Act No. 518/1995/2005) and included in the Financial Table.
Based on these documents the Report on Mobility Plan shall be drawn up (the first presentation of the Report on Mobility Plan is within Steering Committee).
The sets of documents (Invitation, Staff Assignment, Work Plan si Report on Mobility) in electronic format shall be forwarded to the Commission.
The Report on Mobility Plan on the current year shall be drawn up and submitted to the Commission at the beginnig of the next year.
The durations specified in Staff Assignment shall be filled in as follows:
If two Mobility Secondments are overlapping ( for example the participation to a short meeting eligible under Mobility, during a long Mobility Secondment)
In this case there should be no double charging for the expenditure. Practically the duration of the longer Secondment will be prolonged with the number of days of absence due to the participation in the meeting. A short explanatory note is addressed at the end, together with the Report on Mobility for the long Secondment. If the receiving Association does not agree with this prolongation, the explanatory note will ask for a reduction of the full duration of the long Secondment, which will be communicated by the Association to the Commission
- Suppose that dr. X has received an invitation from Chalmers for the period September 17 to October 17.
- We interpret these dates as his first, respectively last day of work at Chalmers. The duration of the work period is 31 days.
- Suppose further that the travel will take one day before and one day after (actually when the ticket is bought we already know if it is a question of a full day or half a day in each case). Accordingly, the full duration of Assignment is 31 + 2 = 33 days.
- On the Staff Assignment, at position F "Dates of start and end of Assignment" we write : "September 16 to October 18, 2009"
- On the Staff Assignment, at position I "Duration of Assignment in days" we write 33 days.
- On the Financial table we write, and take into account, a duration of 33 days.